Friday, March 23, 2007

The Trip to California

My mom can tell you about her part of the trip. Notice how I'm not mentioned in her post at all... EVER? That would be because I was there for Friday, Saturday, and I flew home VERY early Sunday morning for the audition. There are only a few pictures of me. They are all of me at the LDS Spring Formal (SO fun! Even though I ended up with a hurt ankle for my audition the next day.... The best part was seeing my best friend!).



I did so much more that just go to this dance though! On Friday my mom had this great idea to get up at 4.... in the MORNING! Right.... NO. We finally got out the door around 7a.m. We drove and drove and drove and drove some more. Being a teenager with a licence to drive I was SOO excited to be able to help out on these loooong trips. So I quietly (well not so quietly as I kept asking...) waited for my turn to drive through the complete desert and nothing-ness. Did I get to drive at all? No. I did manage to read some books though.


Friday night we finally get to California! We had stopped at In'N'Out in Vegas (YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!). We saw the stake musical (which I would've been in. It was weird to see it from the audience!). In the morning, after staying up late and talking until around midnight and then being told to go to bed because it was "grown-up talk" time, my mom and I ran about picking up little boys and their friends and dropping them off and getting our nails done by the Vietnamese ladies that we miss! Then I got ready at my best friends house and spent the evening with an ice pack and a wrap around my ankle at the dance. They kept bringing me the delicious strawberry crepes! I became the judge of which leader could make it the best. It was fun!

The trip was short. Really short. But so exciting. I'm glad I went. Even if it seemed like I was there for only a couple hours. Thank you so much Scott!!! I had an amazing time! And loved seeing my best friends! Sorry that I was a downer and sat outside. It was still fun. Hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In'N'Out does sound YUMMY!!! I'm glad that you had fun! (except the ankle thing that would suck) haha